What fuels the continued success of Cayman as a leading captive domicile? It can be simply attributed to the unique partnership of a sound and business-focused regulatory regime, together with the support of the Cayman Islands Government and the Insurance Managers Association of Cayman (IMAC) to promote, maintain and protect the reputation of Cayman as the domicile of choice for captive insurance. This only goes to show what can be done when a domicile truly works together towards a common goal.
• Highly developed captive support industry
• Transparency and integrity
• Professional, yet flexible, risk-based regulation, with accessible, business-focused regulators
• Flexibility of investment management
• Freedom from various state regulations
• Political and economic stability
• Low capitalization requirements
• Access to reinsurance markets, either locally or overseas
• Absence of income or other taxes in the domicile
Cayman is not only among the most cost-effective, but also one of the most preferred domiciles in the world.